by: The National Center for Employee Ownership
Source: The National Center for Employee Ownership
Since its inception as a three-person partnership in 1962, MSA Professional Services has always been committed to sharing ownership beyond the principals of the firm. In 1991, that commitment went a big step further with the establishment of an ESOP, which now owns 50% of the company, with the remaining stock owned by 87 employees. The ESOP was a 'Section 1042' transaction that allowed the company to use pretax dollars to buy shares and provided owners the chance to defer taxes on their gains.
Link: MSA Professional Services
Publication Date: 2005-09-01