This Teaching Module, designed by Anthony Mathews, covers the techniques used in equity compensation. The module consists of the course syllabus, five class sessions, two case studies and an Equity Compensation Cheat Sheet. Topics include qualified and non-qualified plans, legal implications, shareholders concerns regarding equity, building a culture of ownership, and effective leadership in an engaged company. ATA Engineering, Inc. and Chatsworth Products, Inc. are examined.
- Syllabus: Topics in Corporate Governance: Techniques of Equity Compensation (MGT 429)
- Class 1: Introduction to Equity as a Currency – Overview of Techniques: Qualified Plans
- Class 2: Overview of Techniques Continued: Non-Qualified Plans and Synthetic Equity
- Class 3: Legal Implications and Future Trends
- Class 4: Guest Interview
- Class 5: Shareholder Concerns, Ownership Culture, Discussion and Summary, Prep for Final Exam
- Resource: Fostering Ownership Attitudes: Creative Equity Compensation Plans for Employees